全国统一学习专线 8:30-21:00
来源: 上海梦沃未来学院 编辑:佚名
你曾是少年——美国梦沃学校(上海)2016年毕业典礼校长致辞
美国夢沃学校(上海)2016年毕业典礼校长程豪执行校长陈文国致辞
Address by Mr. Howard Cheng, Principal of MVA Shanghai, and Mr. Bowen Chen, Executive Principal of MVA Shanghai ( at the 2016 commencement)
亲爱的同学们,尊敬的家长们、老师们,关心爱护梦沃的朋友们,总校长代表总校高中部主任Troy先生:
Dear students, esteemed parents, members of the faculty, devoted friends, distinguished Mr. Troy, representative of Principal-General and director of the Senior High Department of MVA Florida,
大家上午好!今天,我们在这里隆重举行上海美国梦沃学校2016年毕业典礼。首先,请允许我们代表学校,向努力学习、收获硕果的毕业生们和你们的家长表示热烈的祝贺!向为你们的成长、成才用心**的全体老师表示衷心的感谢!向百忙当中抽空前来的各位朋友、远道而来,为毕业生颁发毕业证书的~先生,表示诚挚的感谢!
Good morning! We are here today to hold the grand commencement of the MVA Shanghai graduating class of 2016! To begin our speech, on behalf of the academy, we would like to extend our congratulations to the hardworking and successful graduating class of 2016 and your proud parents, to extend our gratitude to all faculty members for your dedication to the growth and success of the students, to extend our appreciation to Mr. Troy for your flying across the ocean to grant our graduates the diplomas, and to extend our thanks to all the friends here today for taking the time off your busy schedule to witness this exciting moment! Thank you. Thank you all!
今天我和程豪先生会用这种方式进行我们的演讲:他说中文时,我用英文翻译,我说中文时,他用英文翻译。或者更准确地说:他读中文稿时,我读英文稿;我读中文稿时,他读英文稿。多年来我们在各自的领域(程豪在升学,我在国际教育)都在努力**,都有一些心得和建树。是惺惺相惜、更是“办上海比较好的国际学校”“让看似平凡的孩子光芒四射,让优秀的孩子更加卓而不群”的梦想让我们走到一起,让我们再也无法分开。*括今天的演讲。
Today, Mr. Howard Cheng and I will deliver our speech in such a way: after he speaks Chinese, I will interpret what he says into English, and then I will speak Chinese, and he will interpret what I say into English; or more precisely, after he reads the Chinese script, I will read the corresponding English script, and then I will read the Chinese script and he will read the corresponding English script. (Laughter) For many years, we have been working hard in our respective fields. (Howard is in college application field and I’m in international education field.) In the course of all those years, we have gained some experience and made some achievements respectively. It is not only because he likes me and I adore him, but also because we share the common dream of “to make the best international academy in Shanghai” & “to bring out the best of all students and make them more brilliant and extraordinary” that we decided to join hands to run this academy. Since then, nothing can set us apart, including today’s speech.
3月份以来我们一直为我们2016年毕业生的升学成绩惊喜不己。而前几天丁逸凡补录进UCLA(全美排名21)使我们惊喜之余,感慨万千。丁逸凡同学是我们**届学生。2013年6月,我们才开始招生**。零校史、借住一个普通中学辅楼一层楼,三个普通教室一个还算像样的音乐教室一个不错电脑房。只有这些让人马上可以了解的东西。我们想了很多办法招生,但收效有限。丁逸凡是我把他招进来或者说是忽悠进来的。我现在想想,当时应该会有一些承诺,当然,当时一定没有承诺帮助他考进UCLA,成为我的校友的。
Since March this year, our graduating class of 2016 have been surprising us one after another with their good college admission results. The other day, Paul received the acceptance letter of UCLA ranking 21st in the US, which surprised us in a fantastic way and also filled us with strong emotions. Paul is one of our first students. We started our first enrollment in June, 2013. At that time, we rented one floor of an ordinary high school’s wing building. Three normal classrooms, one music room and one pretty computer room were all we had for others to know about us, because we were brand-new and had zero history behind us. We tried many ways to enroll students, but they didn’t work well. It was me that enrolled Paul into this academy, or you can say, it was me that swayed Paul into this academy. I think, in retrospect, I promised him something when I got him in, but I am sure I never promised him that he would be accepted by UCLA and become a UCLA alumnus just like me.
丁逸凡(Paul)妈妈说:“我的孩子在梦沃三年高中期间,取得了显著的进步。作为家长感触良多。首先,梦沃有一批高水平、兢兢业业、热爱学生的老师;其次,梦沃的管理严格,科学又不失人性化;还有,梦沃设立的课程设置合理,校园生活多样化,提供了各种兴趣课程、俱乐部和社团,提高了学生的创新能力、组织能力和互助精神。在孩子高中期间,我从校长到任课老师身上,感受到了严谨、关爱、真诚,我为我们的孩子选择梦沃而感到幸运。”逸凡妈妈的这些话,给了我们很大的鼓励。其实是我们的幸运,拥有信任和支持我们、对我们始终不离不弃、有眼光的学生和家长。是你们使我们能够放手创造、努力**;把我们数十年积累的教育理念、教育规律和教学经验,运用到办学和育人身上。我们的学生我们的家长,于我们有知遇之恩。我们对于你们有无尽感谢和感恩!你们是我们更努力地做好一切的动力!
Paul’s mom said: “During the past three years in MVA, my boy has made remarkable progress and I am deeply touched. I think the following factors have greatly contributed to his progress. First, MVA boasts many highly-qualified and dedicated teachers who love the students from the bottom of their heart. Second, MVA has a scientific management system which is strict yet humane. Third, MVA offers reasonable curriculum and diversified school life with various selective courses, students clubs and associations to enhance the students’ creativity, organizing skills and team spirit. In the past three years, I could always feel the honesty, love and dedication of all MVA faculty members. And I really feel lucky that our boy chose MVA three years ago. ” We are greatly encouraged by the words of Paul’s mom. In fact, it is us that are so lucky to have you, insightful students and parents who trust and support us devotedly. It is because of your trust and support that we can freely do our utmost to apply the educational ideas, patterns and experience accumulated through decades of work, into running MVA and cultivating MVA students. It is because of you, our dear students and esteemed parents that we have the chance to prove ourselves and the chance to grow, for which we are very grateful. You are the motivation for us to do better in future!
现在,国际学校越来越多。经常有人问我们学校的优势在哪里。我们想说的是:无论是在三年前一层楼、还是今天花园式的校园、抑或明天硬件更上一层楼的新校区,我们学校的优势都在于拥有一批爱学生、爱教育、用心**、有梦想的老师!感谢我们梦沃的每一位老师:你们使学校赢得了尊严,你们使自己赢得尊严。
At present, international academies are mushrooming, and we are often asked about the core competence of our academy. Here we would like to say: No matter it is one rented floor three years ago, a garden-like campus today, or an all-the-way better new site tomorrow, our core competence lies in our dedicated teachers who love their students, love teaching and have dreams! Thank you, each and every one of our teachers in MVA Shanghai. You’ve won MVA dignity and honor, which is also showering upon you. 这几天,看到一首诗《你曾是少年》,想把它送给将要远行、将要奔跑、将要飞翔的我们首届的毕业生。The other day, I came across a piece of lyric You were a teenager, I’d like to give it to our first graduating class. You will start a new journey of your life, and I hope you can run fast and fly high into your bright future.
许多年前 /你有一双清澈的双眼
Many years ago/ your eyes were clear and shining
奔跑起来 /像是一道春天的闪电
When you ran/ it was like spring lightening
想看遍这世界 /去最遥远的远方
You wanted to see the world/ travel to the farthest place
感觉有双翅膀 /能飞越高山和海洋
You felt you had wings/ able to fly across mountains and seas
许多年前 /我曾是个朴素的少年
Many years ago/ I was a simple teenager
爱上一个人 /就不怕付出自己一生
When I fell in love/ I was ready to give all my life
相信爱会永恒 /相信每个陌生人
I believed love could last forever/ trusted each and every stranger
当我和世界初相见 /当我曾经是少年
That’s when I met the world/ When I was a teenager
努力地奔跑、努力地展现笑容、努力地发出自己的声音。世界是你们的,永远是你们的!Run fast, smile bright and have your voice heard by the world. The world is yours and it is yours to make!
最后,再次感谢在座各位的到来和精心准备毕业典礼的老师们!并祝大家梦想成真!In the end, we’d like to thank you for being here and thank our faculty members for preparing for this commencement. And may all your dreams come true.
上海梦沃未来学院报名、校园参观及了解招生动态,请: ,或通过下方报名通道登记。