全国统一学习专线 8:30-21:00
来源: 上海梦沃未来学院 编辑:佚名
其实我们每一个人生经历,都不断地在犯错,并在错误中学习、成长、进步、成熟,然后少犯错,不犯错,最终成为有贡献于自身、家庭和社会的人。在成长的道路上,犯各种错误是再正常不过的事情,关键在于犯错之后的应对。如何将其利用为一次绝好的教育契机,让孩子们从错误中学习到更多, 有所思,有所得,最终有所改观。最近美国梦沃学校(上海)发生了一次影响较大的事件,学校便是遵循这样的规律,不仅仅是单纯地进行了处理,还抓住这次机会,连续3天的P&B时间,由学生处主任Ricky、学术主任Chris和常务副校长刘刘先后就“选择”“文化”“自处”三个关键词和全体同学交流了意见。正所谓 “道之以德,齐之以礼,从而有耻且格。”
In fact we have always been making mistakes in our life and have always been learning, growing, and maturing from these mistakes so that we can make fewer mistakes and become our better selves to contribute to ourselves, our families and the society. It is normal to make various kinds of mistakes in the course of growing. The critical part lies in how you handle it. In fact, mistakes are also excellent opportunities to educate the kids, to make them learn, think, change for the better and eventually grow to be a better person. There was a big issue with the behavior of one of our students lately. We not only dealt with the rule breaker, but also took it as an opportunity to educate our students. During the P&B time in three consecutive days, Dean of Students Affairs Ricky, Academic Dean Chris, and Vice-Principal Liuliu had a long conversation with the students about the key words “Choice”, “Culture” and “ Positioning and Discipling oneself ” in turn. As the old saying goes, " Lead them through moral force and keep order among them through rites, and they will have a sense of shame and will also correct themselves to follow the rules.”
关于选择About Choice
学生处主任Ricky
Dean Of Students Affairs Ricky
As a part of a community, choices you make affect others, too. Apparently, when you make your choices, you are thinking only about yourselves, which is very selfish. You should think what kind of influence you may bring to others before you make any choices. No matter it’s positive or negative. And also, any choice you make, consequences will come with it. As a school, we have our choices to make, too. We choose to provide a safer and healthier environment for you. That’s why we had to dismiss a student last Friday. So think about it: what kind of choice will you make?
作为集体的一员,你所做出的选择会影响到他人。很明显,你在做选择的时候只想到了你自己,而这种做法是十分自私的。在你做选择的时候应该考虑下,你的所作所为会给其他人带来什么影响,无论是积极的还是消极的。同时你也要知道,你做的任何选择,都会带来相应的后果。作为一个集体,学校也需要做出选择。我们选择为同学们提供一个更加安全,更加健康的学习和成长环境。这也是为什么我们上周五不得不开除一个学生。希望大家都想一想,你要做出什么样的选择?
1. Choose to Love Yourself. 选择爱你自己
Then The golden rule will fall in place. 黄金法则就会被落实。
2. Choose the Right or wrong Friends 谨慎交友
Who will be with you in the good and the bad times?
谁会在你开心或不开心的时候都陪着你?
Who will manipulate your personal interest?
谁会操控你的个人喜好?
3. Choose the Right Partner 选择正确的搭档
Temporary relation for a common goal
为了实现共同目标建立的短暂关系
4. Choose your dreams or somebody else’s dream
选择努力实现自己的梦想,还是要为别人的梦想而活?
Follow your passion
请追随自己的激情。
5. Choose to Get Excited Every Day or to be dead
选择充满激情地度过每一天,还是浑浑噩噩地混日子?
Without excitement, we are not fully alive.
没有激情,就不能算真正地活着。
Find excitement, again for at least half an hour, in some activity that turns you on.
找到你感兴趣的活动, 每天至少有半个小时要处于开心兴奋的状态。
6. Choose to Read or deprive your mind from learning
选择阅读还是拒绝学习进步
Take a book or Kindle everywhere you might be able to read for a few
minutes. 随身带一本书或者Kindle,把零碎的时间也用来读书。
7. Choose to Exercise or be a couch potato 选择锻炼还是成为沙发土豆
Ask your body 问问你自己的身体,它需要锻炼吗?
8.Choose to Give or be greedy 选择奉献还是一直索取?
Foreget the me , me 请忘记小我,为别人想一想。
关于校园文化 About School Culture
学术主任Chris Academic Dean
So we need a choice. Are we going to be a friendly, welcoming school or not? In every day, every minute, we need to make that choice. It is a lot of little simple things all adding together. There is a saying, an important saying, I think, "Together, we are only as strong as the weakest part". So if someone has a problem, if they are struggling, if something is difficult, that is all of us. So if you want to feel great, you have to remember that you are only as great as we are together.
我们需要做出选择,选择我们是否要成为一个友善亲和的学校?每天,每时,每刻我们都需要做出这个选择。我们日常的每个小选择积累起来会决定我们是否能实现这个大选择。我们都知道木桶的容量取决于它最短的那块木板,即作为一个集体,我们的强大程度亦取决于我们最弱的地方。 所以若我们中有人遇到问题,一筹莫展,我们所有人都会受到影响。 所以,如果你想让自己感觉良好,走得更远,你必须记住,我们这个集体能走多远会决定你作为个体能走的距离。
What is really exciting, and hopefully exciting for you, is that you have a lot of freedom to create our school culture. We are still a very young school. Imagining things in five years, in ten years, in twenty years, what kind of school you want to meet. When you come back and visit in twenty years, what do you want to see? As you are young, it’s hard to think about twenty years from now. But it’s good to have that perspective.
让人激动的是(希望你们也能感受到这份激动),现在你们有很多自由来打造我们的校园文化,因为我们依然是一所非常年轻的学校。想象一下五年、十年、二十年后,你期望我们学校成为什么样子。当你二十年后再次回到母校的时候,你想看到些什么。你现在还很年轻,很难想象二十年后上海梦沃的样子,但是多往这个方向思考下是极好的。
We don’t have much time. I just want to leave you with that question. It is a question for all of you. What can you do, what do you want to do, to contribute to our school? Some people might think, well, that is others’ job, someone else’s responsibility, not my problem. But we all share these things. What I'll say is simple, one of the biggest impression,when I had a very powerful moment.
因为时间关系,我把这个问题留给你们会后思考。这是在座所有人都需要思考的问题。 你能做些什么,你想做些什么来为我们学校做贡献。 有人会想这是别人需要考虑的事情,是别人的责任,不是我的责任, 但是我们是一个集体,好的坏的都会共享。 我想举一个简单的例子,是一件我印象最深刻,对我最有影响力的事情。
I was walking with a famous politician, the former Secretary of State in the United States, John Kerry. And he was at his old school, where he went for high school. As we were walking along a path and there were little bits of trash on the path. There were tons of people around. Lots of people were famous to be there. He stopped and he reached down and he picked up the trash. Right away he said, “This is still my school.” He said that “One thing the school taught me is that I will never be too good, or too important, to pick up the trash.”
美国前国务卿John Kerry是美国知名的政治家。一次他回到高中母校,我有幸能和他一起走在校园里。路上有一些碎小的垃圾,他停下来,弯下腰把垃圾捡了起来。周围有很多人,而且很多人都是名人,但只有他弯下腰把垃圾捡了起来。捡完后他说:“我的高中母校**我:一个人不可能优秀到或重要到不去捡地上的垃圾的程度。”
So I don’t think any of us are too good. Every morning when I am outside, I pick up a piece of trash. So all these very little simple things together, contribute to our school. So I don’t want to leave you any specific instructions. I just want to leave you that question: what do you want to do, what can you do to contribute, to make our school a place that you will be proud of in twenty years.
我想我们所有人都还没有优秀到那个程度。每天早上我来到学校的时候,若发现垃圾我都会捡起来。所有这些小事累积起来便是为学校做贡献了。我不想告诉你们具体该怎么做,我想把这个问题留给你们:你们想为这个学校,能为这个学校做什么贡献,会让你在二十年后为这个地方感到骄傲。
如何自处? How do you position yourself?
常务副校长刘刘 Vice Principal Liuliu
今天我们颁奖。颁2016年比较不错学生奖。张天羽同学在上海市创新大赛上获一等奖,并在复星保德信青少年社区志愿者评比中获金奖,和人大附中的一位同学一起代表中国参加全球**的青少年社区志愿者颁奖典礼。张苑同学在上海市创新大赛上获一等奖,复星保德信青少年社区志愿者评比中获铜奖。她们在学业上也取得很出色的成绩。
Today we present awards to the best students of 2016. Isabellae Zhang won the first prize in the 32nd Shanghai Adolescents Science and Technology Innovation Contest. She also won the gold award in the 2017 Pramerica Fosun Spirit of Community Awards. She and another student from High School Affiliated to Renin University of China were invited to attend the largest global awarding ceremony of “Pramerica Fosun Spirit of Community Awards” in Washington D.C. in May, 2017. Amy Zhang also won the first prize in the 32nd Shanghai Adolescents Science and Technology Innovation Contest and the bronze medal in Pramerica Fosun Spirit of Community Awards. Besides, both of them have excellent academic performance.
她们的事迹,让我想起一个故事。李斯是秦朝著名的政治家、文学家和书法家。有一次,他在厕所见到老鼠吃人粪,一见到人和狗,老鼠就被吓跑了。后来,他在仓库里看到老鼠很自在的偷吃粮食,也没有人去管。于是,他发出了这样的感慨:“人之贤不肖,譬如鼠矣,在所自处耳!”一个人有没有能力,就像老鼠,把自己放在什么环境里,是很重要的。刚才我们颁发的2016年比较不错学生,他们就是把自己放在粮仓里,他们大快朵颐,也没人追他们赶他们。反之呢?
They remind me of a story about Si Li, a famous politician, litterateur, and calligrapher in Qing dynasty. Once, he saw a mouse eating human excrement in the toilet. The mouse ran away when it saw human and dogs. Later on, he saw a mouse eating grain in a barn with an unrestrained attitude, and no one would expel it. Si Li comprehended the ability of a person was determined by his/her environment, similar to the mouse. The best students who we just awarded position themselves in the “barn”. No one would interfere them in feeling unrestrained, and vice versa.
今天我不想给大家一个结论。我只想让大家思考一个问题:你想把自己放在粮仓里还是厕所里?你是可以决定自己在哪里的。
I do not want to give you any conclusion today, but I want to leave a question for you to think through. Where do you want to put yourself, a barn or a toilet? You have the right to decide where you want to be.
上海梦沃未来学院报名、校园参观及了解招生动态,请: ,或通过下方报名通道登记。